- 02-Jan-2013 to 03-Jul-2013 (CST)
- Parks & Recreation - Aquatics
- Pearland, TX, USA
- Part Time
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as an instructor for the Pearland Learn-to-Swim program under the direction of the Assistant Aquatics Manager. Instructs swimming lessons based on curriculum established by the American Red Cross.
• Regular and timely attendance at work, as scheduled.
• Instruct classes in accordance with American Red Cross standards.
• Maintain control of classes and insuring the classes are safe at all times.
• Prepare materials for the Learn-to-Swim program including certificates, course checklist, Red Cross course records, teaching aids and supplies.
• Oversee the Water Safety Aides assigned to their classes and assist in the training of the Water Safety Aides (if applicable.)
• Interact with supervisory, pool management, and lifeguard staff.
• Immediately reports safety related issues such as unsafe equipment within the facility, chemical spills, etc.
• Participates in required in-service trainings and other meetings.
• Contributes to team effort by performing other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as short correspondence, memos; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence; routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's; ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to deal with and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new situations.
• Ability to problem solve as needed.
• Ability to communicate clearly and in a positive manner to internal and external clients.
• Ability to work mornings, days, evenings and/or weekends as required.
• Must have reliable transportation to, from, and between job sites.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES:
• Minimum age for consideration is 16 years of age.
• American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification required.
• Must be able to pass a swim test covering the different swimming strokes and safety related skills.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!